Friday, June 24, 2011

Win-Win-Win!

Hi, I'm Andrew. I am a son, a brother, a husband, and a dad.... who likes adventure... and who lives in Tennessee.

This blog was born out of my joy of parenting and healthy appetite for adventure.   I've found that getting out of the house to explore, experience, and discover is energizing and fun.  As a dad of toddlers, taking the kids "out and about" is fun for them, fun for me AND just so happens to be an EXCELLENT way to give my wife a break from the non-stop action :-)  Win-win-win!

A little about me:

I grew up a California boy, exploring the beaches of Newport, the Mountains of Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead, and most anywhere in between with my dad and brother.  I continued my adventures through college in the highly exploration worthy area of San Luis Obispo.  Three years into college I began my greatest adventure when I married a sweet gal from Tennessee.  I taught her to say things like "dude" and "sweet", and she taught me to say things like "y'all" and "all y'all".  Before long we had a few little Towheads running around and made the decision to venture south. To The South that is. Good ol' Tennessee.

So why this blog and why now?

Early on in San Luis Obispo we picked up a copy of Jennifer Best's guide book "Best Family Adventures" (http://www.bestfamilyadventures.com/) which helped guide us to many awesome treasures of California's Central Coast.

When we arrived in Tennessee, I searched for something similar to help satisfy my explorative urges.  Alas, not much was to be found.  So, the thought struck me... why not make our own!

Here is the plan... I'll explore TN and post our family adventures.  Perhaps you'll get excited about it and explore somewhere else in TN and we can share notes.  Soon we'll have a worthy resource for dads, moms, and TN families to join in the win-win-win of getting out and discovering the nearby places just begging to be explored.

We are at square one!  So if you have any good suggestions of places to check out, let me know!

7 comments:

  1. sounds like a win-win-win no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome. It will be fun to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I actually met Jennifer Best randomly in a starbucks when she saw a hiking guide book sitting on the table the first week I lived in SLO. How funny! So glad you are doing this. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theme song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had that book when we lived in SLO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tennessee must be filled with tons of adventurous opportunities which are just begging to be explored, experienced and discovered by you and your family.
    The process is not only enjoyable and energizing, but fun for all!

    We look forward to your reportage!
    Win-win-win! = Win for us readers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to read about all your adventures!! I will keep you posted on our Southern adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete