Friday, June 24, 2011

Win-Win-Win Origins & Simile block

My beloved mother and de facto editor (thanks for pointing out those typos) was quick to bring my attention to her total absence in my inaugural post. 

I believe her exact words were, "Your blog sounds like you didn't even HAVE a mom!"

I diligently reviewed it and saw her point.  So I feel it worthy to state, for the record, that she drove us on many a mountain trip, in addition to toting us around EVERYWHERE ELSE until we could drive ourselves. 
I am failing to think of a simile that does justice to the magnanimous amount of work of a stay-at-home mom, but I'll give it a try anyway...

The work of a stay-at-home mom is like ...        yep, can't even think of one good one.

Nevertheless, most of my adventures were with my dad.  It wasn't until I became a dad myself that I realized these son-father excursions were often prompted behind the scenes from my mother.  I can just picture her gently and lovingly suggesting to my father on a typical Saturday morning, "Honey, why don't you take these dear and wonderful boys... and don't come back for at least 6 hours!"  My dad too had discovered the win-win-win of this arrangement ;-)

Oh, and if you can think of a good simile... by all means post it in a comment.

1 comment: