Monday, January 9, 2012

Zoku Quick Pop Maker Yumminess

Well, the Cush Family adventures have been happening! Admittedly, I have been more than slightly negligent in the documentation side.  My apologies to my faithful 3 readers.

This week we had something so blog worthy, I am dusting off the keyboard to report!

My wonderful wife surprised me for my birthday with a Zoku Quick Pop Maker, complete with recipe book and accessories!  She loves me.


I had spied this ingenious device several months back and she remembered my little infatuation.  Previously, my daughters and I experienced several fun popsicle making sessions utilizing a traditional popsicle mold (the kind you put in the freezer for several hours to freeze).  To our delight, using the pre-frozen Zoku Pop Maker, custom delectable popsicle creations are ready for taste bud contact in about 10 minutes.  All I can say is... brilliant!

So Daddy Chef and his helper chefs set off on a new culinary adventure!

We put our new juicer to work for us and juiced some fresh orange juice and fresh clementine juice.  Then we cracked open a pomegranate for our first popsicle concoction. 
Even with the new super fast system, the hardest part was still the waiting!

To help take our minds off the suspense we perused the awesome Quick Pops recipe book with amazing ideas.



And 10 mins later, voila! Pomegranate and fresh orange juice pops!

Satisfied customer #1

Satisfied customer #2

And for your salivating pleasure, a little gallery of the first batches of pops. Soo many more to come!

Pomegranate seeds with fresh orange and fresh clementine juice

Fresh strawberries with fresh orange juice

Lemonade from the recipe book with clementine slices. Yum!
Cookies & Cream!  We felt like these could be improved by using a really good vanilla pudding instead of the generic stuff we first used. 
Kiwi Mojito with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
Sharffen Berger 62% Dark Chocolate with Roasted Cacao Nibs! The best one yet!

As a final note, all I can say is that this really is a fun, easy, and tasty as it looks!

1 comment: